[one_half_first][/one_half_first] We welcome runners, walkers, bikers, swimmers, duathletes and triathletes of all levels who are interested in training, camaraderie and competition opportunities. We are committed to encouraging athletes of all abilities and ages to achieve their goals in sports and fitness. We want members of all experience levels from the beginner to the seasoned athlete who seek the fun and benefits of fitness.
We welcome runners, walkers, bikers, swimmers, duathletes and triathletes of all levels who are interested in training, camaraderie and competition opportunities. We are committed to encouraging athletes of all abilities and ages to achieve their goals in sports and fitness. We want members of all experience levels from the beginner to the seasoned athlete who seek the fun and benefits of fitness.
- Annual Membership fee of $50
- Members: The information below is a basic overview of what is planned for 2013. More details of the various lectures will appear when that particular event gets to a closer date. Everything is inclusive with the annual $50 price except exercise based classes–There will be a $8 fee for these classes.
- Non Members may be welcome if there is room for anything listed which includes the lectures or exercise classes. Cost for a Non Member is $15 to participate.
- Club Members receive discounts on products and services sold by our select sponsors
We are excited to get this Multisport Club off and running. If you have any other questions or have not joined (and have interest) the club please email or call me. I will be glad to talk to you and hope that you join! – Thanks, Brian.
As part of Essential Fitness, LLC (EF) Multisport Club you will enjoy these benefits:
- Opportunities to connect and train with a variety of other member athletes in cycling, running, walking, tri & duathalon type events through a member driven Facebook & Google groups page
- 15% discount at Higher Gear Bike Shop in Highland Park or Wilmette (excluding sale merchandise)
- 15% discount at Runningwarehouse.com on shoes & apparel
- 25% discount on any Essential Fitness, LLC technical apparel for cycling, walking, running & triathlon training
Health and Fitness based lecture & demonstration series presented by area fitness experts:
- Nutrition tips for the endurance athlete with Author Monique Ryan (March 2013)
- Gait Analysis (For Walkers/Runners) with Physical Therapist Rick Hartman (January or February 2013)
- Benefits (& Mat exercise demonstration) of Pilates with Patty Sprenger of Pure N’ Form Pilates Studio (February)
- Flat tire clinic for the cycling enthusiast presented by Higher Gear of Highland Park (March/April 2013)
- Self-massage techniques presented by Essential Fitness, LLC instructor, Kim Gass, Licensed Massage Therapist
- Walking/Run Events with Dr. Mark Chyna (Spring)
- Group Walks (All Year)
- Fun group rides (No Drop) on Des Plaines River Trail with Essential Fitness, LLC Fitness Instructor, Pam Kavanagh & Brandon Olson. (Spring/Summer)
- Training Cycling Rides with Kim Gass (Spring-Summer), Pam Kavanagh & Brian Schoenborn (Spring/Summer)
Exercise Based Classes to prepare for various Multisport Activites:
- Indoor Cycling on Cycleops Fluid Trainers (35-40 minute) classes at the EF studio (January/February & early March)
- Suburban Assault training (4-6 week) classes to get you ready for upcoming fitness challenge events such as Spartan,Muddy Buddy, & Dirty Girl (Early Spring)
- Social Events & Initial Meet-and-Greet (January 12, 2013) with your fellow club members to get started with a lifetime of fitness and training camaraderie
- Many events and classes to be held on Saturday. Tuesday and Wednesday are also options during the week.